If you are looking for a healthy lunch or dinner, grilled salmon salad is a perfect choice! Grilled or pan-fried salmon fillet is placed on top of the green salad of lettuce, tomatoes and onions – delicious!
When making a main dish salad, most of the time people revert to chicken as a protein of choice. This time let’s use salmon as the protein for a change! If you are trying to get more healthy fish into your diet, adding it to salads is a great option.
Grilled salmon salad is light, healthy and very tasty! Best of all, it is also extremely quick and easy to make. It takes less than 10 minutes to cook the salmon, and while the salmon is cooking you can slice the tomatoes and onions and prepare the salad. This way you’ll have the salad already on the plates, and once the salmon is cooked through just put it on top of the greens. You can cut the salmon into pieces if you wish, or place the whole filet on top of the salad – it’s completely up to you and is simply a matter of personal preference, it will taste great either way!
- 1 lb salmon fillets
- 4 cups salad greens
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Sprinkle the salmon with ¾ tsp of salt and ½ tsp of pepper, and rub the salt and pepper in with your hands.
- If using the grill, grill the salmon on pre-heated grill, turning once, for about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- If pan-frying, spray the non-stick frying pan with a non-stick spray and preheat the pan over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon, turning once, for about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- While the salmon is cooking, chop the tomatoes and onion. Sprinkle the tomatoes and onions with ¾ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Put the olive oil and vinegar in a cup and whisk with the fork to make a dressing.
- Put the lettuce, tomatoes and onions in a large bowl and drizzle with dressing. Toss with your hands to combine, until all lettuce leaves are coated with dressing.
- Divide the salad between 4 plates.
- After the salmon is cooked, put it on top of the salad and serve.