Homemade Tzatziki Cucumber Yogurt Sauce Recipe
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
- 1 container (16 oz) greek yogurt
- 1 English seedless cucumber, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 lemon (can use more to taste)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt (can use more to taste)
- Grate the cucumber in the food processor (if you don’t have a food processor, you can use a box grater).
- Put the yogurt, grated cucumber, minced garlic and dill in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon in the yogurt.
- Add 1/4 tsp of salt to the yogurt and mix so all ingredients are combined.
- Taste the tzatziki sauce and see if you need to add more salt or lemon juice.
- Keep carefully adding more salt and lemon juice until it tastes perfect!
Tzatziki sauce can enhance so many meals! In fact, I know of 12 different ways to eat and serve tzatziki sauce :)