I often make roasted broccoli and also cook a lot of rice in my rice cooker, so if I have some extras, I make a very tasty broccoli fried rice the next day. Broccoli fried rice is a great vegetarian main dish that’s very healthy and filling. Cooked broccoli is stir-fried with white rice and egg, then seasoned with the soy sauce and pepper.
When you have cooked broccoli and cooked rice on hand, making broccoli fried rice takes less than 5 minutes! Whenever you make rice in a rice cooker, just make an extra portion, because leftover rice makes perfect white rice! If you don’t have any cooked broccoli, you can use packaged frozen broccoli – just microwave it for a few minutes until it’s cooked – super easy!
Easy Broccoli Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 cup cooked broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
Instructions How To Make Broccoli Fried Rice
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add rice, broccoli, soy sauce and pepper and mix until combined.
- Make a well in the middle of the frying pan by pushing the rice mixture to the sides. Crack the eggs in the middle of the pan, then quickly stir, so the eggs are mixed with the rice.
- Keep stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove broccoli fried rice from the frying pan and serve.
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
My recipe rating –