This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
My favorite part of sunny side up eggs is the yolk – I find the egg white part taste pretty boring. To remedy that, I added fried mushrooms to the egg white part of the sunny side up eggs – this surely spruced up the egg whites! Now I loved eating both the egg yolks and the egg whites with those mushrooms!
I have never seen this egg recipe before – I’ve seen omelettes with mushrooms or scrambled eggs with mushrooms, but never a sunny side up egg with mushrooms :) Give it a try – eggs and mushrooms go really well together, and the mushrooms make the egg whites so flavorful!
To make sunny side up eggs with mushrooms, first fry the mushrooms and remove them from the frying pan. After you cooked the mushrooms, you are ready to make the eggs. Crack the eggs on a pre-heated frying pan, then sprinkle the mushrooms so the cover the egg white part. Cover and cook, and you are done!
Sunny Side Up Eggs Recipe With Mushrooms
- 4 oz (1/2 package) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp + 1 tbsp of oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a small (8 inch) non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Cook the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the frying pan into a bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in that same frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Carefully crack the eggs into a frying pan so the yolks don’t break.
- Put the cooked mushrooms on top of the egg white parts of the sunny side up eggs.
- Reduce heat to low and cover the frying pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Carefully slide the sunny side up eggs with mushrooms from a frying pan onto a plate. Sprinkle the eggs with a pinch of salt and a little pepper.
Enjoy this yummy unusual sunny side up egg recipe with mushrooms! For more egg recipes, check out microwave poached eggs, scrambled eggs with cheese and perfect hard boiled eggs recipe. Eggs make a perfect breakfast – try all those yummy egg recipes for different ways to eat those eggs!