This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These Air Fryer Sunny Side Up Eggs cook up perfectly for the best runny yolk, ideal for dipping toast in or served with your favorite breakfast foods. This fried egg recipe takes 5 minutes to make and the results will question why you haven’t cooked your eggs in the air fryer all along!
Air Fryer Sunny Side Up Eggs
What’s not to love about having eggs cooked perfectly without the fuss of pan-frying. After the eggs are in the air fryer, this recipe is hands-off. The runny yolk is heated through with the whites of the eggs cooked.
You can also adjust the timing for this recipe to get the perfect sunny side up eggs every time. Do you like your sunny side eggs extra runny? Reduce the time by 1 minute. If you prefer more of a medium, mid-well egg, then add an addition 1 or 2 until it reaches the best cook for you.
- Easy – Not much more than cracking an egg to have an easy air fryer breakfast ready to enjoy. Your toast will taste so yummy dunked into this runny egg yolk.
- Perfect Cook – When you want fried eggs sunny side up the air fryer cooks them perfectly. The golden runny yolk and tender egg whites will certainly brighten your breakfast.
- Fast – Cooking eggs in the air fryer takes on about 5 minutes, no preheating is needed.
Air Fryer Fried Eggs
Such a simple recipe and easily the best way to cook sunny side up eggs are in the air fryer. There are only 3 ingredients to have breakfast on your plate in no time.
- Salt and pepper
How to make Sunny Up Eggs in the Air Fryer
It really couldn’t be easier to make an egg in the air fryer. Once you find the perfect time for the style of egg you like, you’ll be sure to use this recipe over and over again.
Spray pan with non-stick spray or brush with oil.
Crack 2 eggs into an air fryer safe pan and season with salt and pepper.
Set the pan into the air fryer basket and place the basket back into the air fryer.
Set the temperature to 375 degrees and the timer for 5 minutes.
Once done, remove the basket and then the pan. Use a spatula to move the cooked eggs to a plate. Enjoy!
Sunny side up eggs is so easy to make in the air fryer! Make some sausage patties and diced potatoes for a full breakfast.
Air Fried Egg Recipe Tips
Air fried eggs is my new favorite way to start breakfast and use the air fryer. You’ll love how easy it is and how adjusting the time can satisfy everyone in the family and their preference on how they like their eggs cooked.
- Adjust time – Cook the eggs in the air fryer for either a few minutes less or more to get the perfect egg for your liking.
- Oil – You can use oil and brush it into the pan or use a spray oil.
- Use non-stick pan – this allows the eggs to slide off or be scooped up with a spatula easily.
- Remove promptly – Remove the eggs immediately when they have reached your desired cook. They will continue to cook and will become rubbery if left in the hot pan.
Can I make sunny side up eggs in the air fryer?
Yes, you can and this recipe shares exactly how to cook sunny side up eggs in the air fryer.
How long should I air fry an egg for sunny side up?
For the best sunny side up eggs fried in the air fryer, 5 minutes will give you a runny yolk and done whites.
More ways to cook eggs in the air fryer
Adjusting the cooking time for the air fryer eggs can allow you to cook any style of egg you’d like. For best results, have the temperature set to 370 degrees for fried eggs and adjust for different styles.
- Over Easy, Over Medium, Over hard – To cook your eggs over in the air fryer just use a spatula to flip the eggs about halfway through. For over hard, bust the yolk before cooking.
- Scrambled Eggs in the Air Fryer – To make scrambled eggs, whisk the eggs before air frying with seasoning. You can add a splash of milk if you like. Cook halfway through and then whisk the eggs again. Once almost done, use a rubber spatula to flip the scrambled eggs around for even cooking.
- Air Fryer Boiled Eggs – Preheat the air fryer to 275 degrees and cook for about 15 minutes for hard boiled eggs.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Air Fried Sausage Patties
- Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos
- Bread Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Bowl Recipe
- French Toast Casserole Recipe
Air Fryer Sunny Side Up Eggs
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray pan with oil.
- Crack eggs into pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Set pan into the air fryer basket and place the basket back into the air fryer.
- Set the temperatur to 375 degrees and the timer for 5 minutes.
- Once done, remove the basket and then the pan. Use a spatula to move the cooked eggs to a plate.
- Air Fryer Pop Tarts
- Air Fryer Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Air Fryer Omelette
- Air Fryer Frittata
- Air Fryer Egg Bites
- Air Fryer Eggs With Bacon