This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Nothing is quite as cozy as homemade soup. This Instant Pot Mushroom Spinach Soup is filling and warm and is perfect for those on a low carb or keto diet!
A tasty, hearty soup is something that just warms the soul. After a busy day, sitting down to enjoy a flavorful soup is perfection. This Instant Pot Mushroom Spinach Soup hits the spot. It is delicious and earthy, but simple to prepare. Best of all it is healthy and meets a ton of dietary needs.
This recipe is a great fit if you are looking for a keto-friendly soup. It is also gluten-free and vegetarian, so it really is so versatile. Combing the delicious tastes of mushroom and spinach in a healthy soup, this recipe provides an interesting and unique flavor.
If you are anything like me, you love using your Instant Pot to simplify cooking. This recipe makes use of your kitchen BFF, meaning it is guaranteed to be easy and quick. Frankly, it couldn’t be much easier! Soup on the stove can be time consuming. After a long day, the last thing you want to do is stand there stirring constantly. Your Instant Pot says goodbye to aching feet at dinner. With this Instant Pot Mushroom Spinach Soup you can enjoy soup without all that time over a hot stove!
To prepare this Instant Pot Mushroom Spinach Soup, you will need mushrooms (I like a mixture of Portobello and shitake), spinach, onion, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper, sour cream or Greek yogurt, and a liquid for your base. Water, vegetable broth, and chicken broth make for great options. Start off by cleaning the mushrooms and chopping them into pieces. Once that is handled, simply put all of the ingredients except the sour cream or Greek yogurt into the Instant Pot.
Close the lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” button and set the time to fifteen minutes on High pressure.
When your soup is done cooking, quick release the steam before stirring in the sour cream or Greek yogurt. Add some mort salt or seasonings to taste and your new favorite soup is served!
Low carb doesn’t have to mean you kiss tasty soups goodbye. With this Instant Pot Mushroom Spinach Soup, you can enjoy a warm, delicious soup even without all the carbs most soups pack. It is ready in no time, so this mushroom and spinach soup is great for busy evenings. This recipe makes eight servings, so it is especially great for families or those who like to meal prep. You can portion this soup out and enjoy it for lunch! A soup this good is one you will definitely be happy to enjoy again.
Instant Pot Mushroom Spinach Soup
- 2 lbs mushrooms I like a mix of portobello and shiitake
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach or fresh
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 cups water or vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 2 cups sour cream or Greek yogurt
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Clean the mushrooms and chop into pieces.
- Put all ingredients except sour cream in the Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 15 minutes on High pressure.
- When it's done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam.
- Stir in the sour cream, and add more salt or seasonings to taste.
If you like this Instant Pot Mushroom Soup, you will also love these easy Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Soup – so creamy and delicious!
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken – make Rotisserie chicken at home with your Instant Pot!
- Instant Pot Zucchini – so healthy and full of flavor!
- Instant Pot Fajitas – no need to go to Chipotle, make them at home!
- Instant Pot Egg Roll In A Bowl – perfect keto dinner ready in 15 minutes!