This recipe for butter cookies is very easy, and it makes such tasty little cookies that are so tender! This cookie breaks up into tiny buttery crumbs in your mouth – the texture is perfect and the cookie tastes so good!
Best of all, these butter cookies are so simple to make – even the beginner bakers will be able to successfully make these super yummy cookies! This butter cookies recipe uses very simple ingredients: flour, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, salt and baking powder. Nothing fancy, just the good plain cookie ingredients that turn into a mouthwatering cookie!
Easy Butter Cookies Recipe
Butter Cookies Ingredients
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions How To Make Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt until combined.
- In another large bowl, whisk together butter and sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until well combined (for about 3 minutes).
- Add the egg and vanilla to butter and sugar, then whisk for 1 minute until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Carefully mix together with a spoon until well combined.
- Take 1 heaping tablespoon of dough at a time and roll it with your hands into a ball. Put the ball on a baking sheet and press with your hand on top to flatten it into a circle that’s about 1/2 inch thick. Add more cookies the same way, making sure there is at least 1 inch of space between the cookies after you flatten them.
- Bake the butter cookies for 10 minutes.
Enjoy these yummy and easy butter cookies! If you like easy cookie recipes, check out my easy chocolate chip cookie recipe and double chocolate white chip cookie recipe. Baking cookies for a bake sale? Check out my cookie packaging bake sale ideas.