This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These air fryer frozen mozzarella sticks are amazing! Crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside, truly mouthwatering! Once you try cooking frozen mozzarella sticks in the air fryer, you’ll never make them any other way!
Love those soft and stretchy, oh-so-juicy mozzarella sticks your local pizza place has? Well guess what? You can enjoy them fresh from your kitchen this time, and that too, guilt-free! If you haven’t ever tried making air fryer mozzarella sticks, now’s the perfect time!
Keep reading to discover the super duper simple recipe to getting it right, and some cool tips, tricks and serving ideas to make sure you nail it!
Do I Need to Preheat the Air Fryer?
Wondering if you really need to preheat your air fryer for your mozzarella sticks. Well, honestly, doing that will ensure that the sticks are cooked to perfection and that the air fryer is evenly heated.
If you’re running short of time, and are looking to air fry your frozen mozzarella sticks, you could do that too. Just make sure they’re in there for at least 6 minutes so that they’re cooked properly.
Will My Mozzarella Sticks Explode Inside?
If you’ve tried making mozzarella sticks in your air fryer earlier, and it was not a very pleasant experience, you’re not alone. If you’re not careful, the mozzarella sticks can explode in your air fryer, turning into one huge mess.
So how do you keep that from happening? Well, it is super simple actually! Just make sure the sticks are not touching each other in the air fryer basket, and that you’re not just piling them on top of each other. Also, using a non stick cooking spray will help prevent them from sticking to each other while being air fried.
How Do I Make My Mozzarella Sticks Super Crispy?
Okay, so we’re using frozen mozzarella sticks here, and they’ll turn out nice and crispy in your air fryer without you needing to put in any extra effort. But if you’re making the sticks at home, and you find that they’re not having the right texture and crispiness to them as you’d like them to have, here’s a trick to make it happen.
Instead of a single crumb coating, coat them twice into the breading before you air fry them. This will make them have that extra crispy layer you’re looking for.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
The best part about these air fryer mozzarella sticks is the fact that they’re super versatile- you can team them up with so many different dips and sauces, and have them in so many different ways, it is definitely difficult to get bored with them.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Serve them hot out of the air fryer with a side of ranch dressing or marinara sauce.
- Plate them alongside some air fried chicken wings and a hot sauce dip on the side.
- Whipped up a quick homemade pizza or have a frozen pizza? You can serve these mozzarella sticks with that too!
- These sticks also taste yum when teamed up with these juicy air fryer breaded chicken tenders!
- And if you’re like me and in the mood to snack on these with something to go with it, these air fryer chicken nuggets are downright fail proof!
If you like air fryer frozen mozzarella sticks, you will also love these easy air fryer recipes:
Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- 11 oz frozen mozzarella sticks
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Put the frozen mozzarella sticks in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook frozen mozzarella sticks in the air fryer at 400F for 6 minutes.