These carrots look like ordinary baby carrots, but they are far from ordinary – they are pickled! You can marinate lots of vegetables – not just cucumbers – and that includes carrots 🙂
If you like crunchy pickles, you will love pickled carrots. Can you imagine the CRUNCH? Pickled carrots are super crunchy, and they taste great pickled!
Recipe: Pickled Carrots Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp salt
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small bunch fresh dill
- 10 black peppercorns
Instructions How To Make Pickled Carrots
- Prepare a 2-liter (half-gallon) glass jar with a lid.
- Put half of baby carrots in the jar, then put the dill, garlic cloves and black peppercorns on top of them, and then put the remaining carrots on top.
- Make a marinade: in a pot, mix water, salt and sugar. Bring it to a boil.
- Remove the marinade from heat and add vinegar and oil, then mix it.
- Carefully pour the hot marinade into the jar with carrots.
- Leave the jar with carrots to marinate at room temperature for 2 days, after that move pickled carrots to the refrigerator.
Enjoy these yummy crunchy pickled carrots! They will keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks. By the way, garlic turns purple in the marinade, so don’t get alarmed – it’s perfectly normal 🙂 Also, check out my pickled zucchini recipe – yes, you can pickle zucchini too and it tastes really good! I’ve also pickled cauliflower before using the same recipe and it turned out really well!