This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This is the easiest recipe for Swedish meatballs you will ever find. These yummy Swedish meatballs with a delicious gravy are made in a crockpot!
If you are used to traditional Italian meatballs with the red tomato sauce, try making Swedish meatballs for a change :) The sauce for the Swedish meatballs doesn’t have any tomatoes in it – it is a gravy made out of butter, flour and beef stock. When the meatballs are simmered in this tasty gravy, they are delicious!
To make these yummy meatballs, all you need to do is shape the meat mixture into meatballs, brown them and put in a crockpot. Pour the easy gravy over the meatballs, start the slow cooker and the tasty hot meal with be ready for you!
Using the crockpot to cook Swedish meatballs makes this Swedish meatballs recipe super easy! If you try this slow cooker recipe for Swedish meatballs, you will never want to make them the old-fashioned labor-intensive way!
Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, grated onion, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Shape the meat mixture into meatballs and put on a frying pan (so the meatballs are not touching each other).
- Brown the meatballs on one side for 3 minutes, then carefully flip them with the spatula and cook on another side for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the Swedish meatballs from the frying pan and put them in a crockpot.
- Now you need to make the gravy. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the flour to the butter and mix constantly for 1 minute. Add the beef stock and mix constantly for 1 minute.
- Pour the gravy from the pan into a crockpot over the meatballs. Set the crockpot to cook the Swedish meatballs on Low for 6-8 hours.