This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Did you know that Italian dressing makes a perfect marinade for grilled chicken? These Italian-dressing-marinated grilled chicken kebabs will blow your mind by their simplicity and amazing taste!
Italian dressing is not just for salads :) In fact, Italian dressing is a very versatile marinade that enhances the taste of any type of grilled meat, seafood or even vegetables! Sure, if you have time and desire, you can mix up more complex marinades (for example, this honey-lemon chicken marinade), but if you are looking for something super simple, Italian dressing marinade fits the bill!
Italian dressing marinade tenderizes the chicken and adds a zesty flavor to it, resulting in a mouthwatering chicken taste. Italian marinated grilled chicken has the perfect texture, and it’s juicy, flavorful and succulent!
This grilled chicken kebabs recipe is so simple, it’s the easiest grilled marinated chicken recipe ever! All you need to do is pour Italian dressing over the chicken pieces, refrigerate to marinate the chicken overnight, then thread the chicken onto skewers and grill to perfection!
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 bottle (8 oz) Italian dressing
- Cut the chicken thighs into 1-inch pieces.
- Put chicken pieces in a bowl and pour Italian dressing over them. Toss with your hands to evenly coat all chicken with the dressing.
- Put the chicken in refrigerator and let marinate for at least 2 hours (preferably overnight).
- If using wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes in water.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers.
- Put the chicken kebabs on a grill so they are not touching. Close the grill and let the chicken cook for 7 minutes.
- Open the grill and carefully flip over the chicken kebabs. If some chicken is stuck, carefully separate it from the grill before flipping by using a spatula.
- Close the grill and cook for another 7 minutes.
- Take one skewer off the grill and test one piece of chicken for doneness (chicken should be no longer pink in center and juices should run clear). If the chicken is not done, grill with the cover closed for another 5 minutes. When the chicken is done, remove from the grill and serve.