This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Looking for an easy side dish that is perfect with any meal? Well, look no further than this Instant Pot Red Kidney Beans recipe! Once you try cooking beans in the Instant Pot, you’ll never want to eat ones from the can!
No soaking needed with this method for making kidney beans from scratch! Doesn’t the Instant Pot just solve all those cooking woes? I couldn’t love mine any more! To make a side dish ready in a flash, the Instant Pot is here to save the day. This recipe for Instant Pot Red Kidney Beans is so simple and the end result is, simply put, incredible. These beans taste amazing, so much better than kidney beans out of a can!
There is not prep time for this recipe. Seriously, none. How is that for easy? No standing over the stovetop. No stirring. No pots. No pans. No mess.
How many times have you burned beans on the stovetop because you walked away at just the wrong second? We have all been there. No more burned beans with this Instant Pot Red Kidney Beans recipe!
With just three ingredients and two steps, you’ll be ready to enjoy these Instant Pot Red Kidney Beans. Take a pound of rinsed kidney beans, six cups of water, and two teaspoons of salt and put them in the Instant Pot. Turn the valve to a sealed position and press the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” button. Set the time for forty-five minutes on High pressure. When the timer sounds and your beans are done cooking, quick release the steam and enjoy these kidney beans on the side of any delightful dinner!
I told you it couldn’t be simpler!
These easy and delicious red kidney beans make a great addition to any meal, think of the possibilities! Best of all, it is so, so simple to prepare and tastes great. By using your Instant Pot, this vegan side dish is ready without standing over a hot stove. I love that with this preparation method, I can dump in my ingredients and walk away!
It is perfect for those nights you are trying to juggle a million things. This Instant Pot Red Kidney Beans recipe serves 8, so a huge family can enjoy a delicious helping. Small family? These red kidney beans make for delicious and adaptable leftovers. They also freeze beautifully!
Yum, yum, yum. Give this recipe a try and your taste buds will be dancing for joy! Nothing beats the simplicity and ease of these Instant Pot Red Kidney Beans. Make them tonight and see for yourself just how tasty this recipe really is!
Instant Pot Red Kidney Beans
- 1 lb kidney beans rinsed
- 6 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Put kidney beans, water and salt in the Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 45 minutes on High pressure.
- When it's done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam.
If you like Instant Pot kidney beans, you will also love these other Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Lentils And Brown Rice – just dump everything in the Instant Pot and come back to a healthy vegan dinner!
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans – cook pinto beans from scratch in the Instant Pot using the same method!
- Instant Pot Refried Beans – turn your cooked beans into Mexican refried beans! Authentic Mexican recipe adapted to the Instant Pot!
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup – so yummy and comforting! Just dump the ingredients and walk away!
- Instant Pot Baked Apples – stuffed with cinnamon and raisins, these mouthwatering baked apples make a perfect healthy dessert!