This colorful turkey fruit platter display is quite a conversation piece! An ordinary fruit tray turns extraordinary when it’s made in the shape of a Thanksgiving turkey!
What could be a more perfect Thanksgiving appetizer or dessert than a turkey-shaped fruit tray? This amazing turkey fruit platter is super easy to make and uses very simple and common fruits! The body of the turkey is made out of a pear, the eyes out of chocolate chips or raisins, the nose out of the cantaloupe, and the feathers are made out of the alternating layers of different color fruits!
You can use any kind of fruits for the turkey feathers, as long as they are different colors! Whatever fruit is on sale, you can put it in this fruit display 🙂 There are no rules – you can really be creative with this turkey fruit platter!
Kids and adults all love this fun turkey fruit platter. After all, we are all kids in heart 🙂 You can put this fruit tray out in the beginning of the Thanksgiving meal as an appetizer, or at the end of the meal as a dessert. It’s also perfect for a kid’s table, and it’s a great way to get the kids to eat more fruits 🙂 Kids are surely more likely to eat more fruits when the fruits are shaped like a Thanksgiving turkey!
Making this turkey fruit tray with the kids is such a fun project! Show them the picture of the completed turkey platter and they’ll love layering pieces of fruit to make their own turkey! Not only is this fruit platter delicious, it makes a great indoor activity that’s so much fun!
Another great thing about this Thanksgiving turkey fruit platter is that it’s so healthy! With so much heavy food on Thanksgiving, having something light to eat is like a breath of fresh air 🙂 Plus it will leave room in your belly for all the other Thanksgiving goodies!
- ½ pear
- ½ cup grapes
- ½ cup cantaloupe chunks
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1½ cup strawberries
- 2 tangerines
- 2 apples, sliced
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 chocolate chips or raisins (for the eyes)
- Toss the apple slices in a lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- Put half of a pear on the bottom of the large platter to make a turkey body as shown on the picture.
- Put the grapes around the pear.
- Put the cantaloupe chunks around the grapes.
- Put the blueberries around the cantaloupe chunks.
- Put the strawberries around the blueberries.
- Put the tangerine slices around the strawberries.
- Put the apple slices on top to make the top feathers.
- With the knife, cut out the holes in a pear for the eyes and the nose.
- Put the chocolate chips or raisins for the eyes.
- Cut out the small triangle out of the cantaloupe chunk, and put it on the pear in place of a nose.
- Put 2 tangerine slices on the bottom of the pear to make turkey legs.