Got just one overripe brown banana languishing on the counter? Turn it into this awesome one banana banana bread! This mouthwatering banana bread is tender, soft, sweet and smells so good!
The most popular use for overripe bananas is baking banana bread, and the majority of recipes for banana bread call for 3 or 4 bananas. If you got more than one brown banana on hand, you can use them all up by making my banana bread muffins. But what do you do if you got just one brown banana that you need to use up? Look no further! This super-easy recipe is using just one banana to make delicious soft and moist banana bread!
Turn your one brown banana into gold :) This amazing banana bread is golden-brown, smells so good and tastes amazing!
I’m shocked at how just one banana can impart such a deep banana flavor to this banana bread! Yes, a little banana goes a long way – you can taste the banana flavor in every delicious bite! And the smell – mmmm! I just want to bury my nose into this loaf and inhale the freshly baked banana and vanilla, and just writing this makes me drool a little :)
This one banana banana bread is super simple – just the way I like it. In addition to one banana, it uses common ingredients that most people already have in their refrigerator and pantry – egg, sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, flour and baking powder. No fancy stuff, just the simple down-to-earth goodness.
Making this banana bread is very easy. You just mix the ingredients in one bowl, pour into a loaf pan and bake. That’s all there is to it! And you only have to wash one bowl – yay, the less clean up the better :) Take this delicious loaf out of the oven, slice it and enjoy this homemade banana bread! It’s awesome for dessert, for breakfast, for a snack and anytime – everyone loves freshly baked banana bread, it’s amazing!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder (aluminum-free baking powder recommended)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease the inside of the non-stick loaf pan with 1 tbsp of butter.
- Put the banana in a large bowl and mash it with a fork.
- Add the egg, sugar and 5 tbsp butter, and mix it until combined.
- Add the milk and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder, and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter in the greased loaf pan.
- Put the banana bread in the oven and bake for 50 minutes.