These keto peanut butter cups are amazing! Finally, a homemade peanut butter cup in a low-carb version!
I like these healthy keto peanut butter cups even more than Reese’s peanut butter cups! Homemade peanut butter cups are so big and satisfying!
A peanut butter cup has a peanut butter layer sandwiched between the top and bottom chocolate layers. Just like real Reese’s peanut butter cups are inside a paper mold, homemade peanut butter cups are also inside a paper mold. Except the molds for the homemade peanut butter cups are at least 4 times larger than tiny Reese’s ones 🙂 Peanut butter lovers won’t mind the huge peanut butter cup, will they?
For these keto peanut butter cups, I’m using paper baking cups inside the muffin tins as molds 🙂 If you like the smaller ones, use can use mini-muffin tin lined with mini paper baking cups. This recipe makes 12 peanut butter cups if using regular muffin pan and 24 if using mini.
These keto peanut butter cups are very filling and make a perfect snack, breakfast or dessert. How many are you going to eat?
How To Make Keto Peanut Butter Cups
Making these keto peanut butter cups is really easy. It’s a no-bake recipe – all you need is a microwave and a freezer!
To make peanut butter cups, you need to mix up the ingredients for a chocolate layer in one bowl and for a peanut butter layer in another bowl. Since these peanut butter cups are keto, you need to use sugar-free chocolate for the chocolate layer and sweeten the peanut butter with Erythritol sweetener for the peanut butter layer.
You can use your favorite type of low-carb sugar-free chocolate – dark or milk. Break up the chocolate into pieces, add coconut oil and melt in a microwave – the chocolate layer is ready! Microwave the peanut butter briefly and stir the Erythritol in until desired sweetness – and the peanut butter layer is ready! See the recipe card on the bottom of this article for the exact ingredient quantities and directions.
To assemble keto peanut butter cups, line the muffin tin with paper baking cups, then add half of the melted low-carb chocolate for the chocolate layer, put in a freezer for 10 minutes so it hardens, then add peanut butter layer and freezer for 10 minutes again, then add remaining chocolate for the chocolate layer and freezer for 30 minutes or until firm. Enjoy!
If you like keto peanut cups, you will love these other keto recipes:
Keto Ricotta Breakfast Cake – you can be on a keto diet and have cake for breakfast! It tastes amazing!
Best Ever Keto Bread – this recipe is a must for anyone eating low-carb! This bread is like a miracle, it tastes like real bread!
Cheddar Keto Chips – using just 2 ingredients, one of them is cheese! Cheddar lovers, come over here!
Keto Breakfast Layered Yogurt Cups – if you are tired of eating eggs for breakfast, you will love these! Perfect for meal prep!
Keto Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- 10 oz sugar-free dark or milk chocolate do not use baking chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp powdered Erythritol
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper baking cups.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and put in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the coconut oil. Microwave on High in 30-second increments, stirring between each time, until the chocolate and coconut oil are melted and combined.
- Divide the melted chocolate into 2 equal parts (put half in another bowl). Half of the chocolate will be for the bottom layer of peanut butter cups and the other half for the top layer.
- Using a spoon, distribute half of the chocolate between the paper baking cups of the muffin tin. Put the muffin tin in a freezer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the peanut butter and Erythritol in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High for 30 seconds, then stir until combined.
- Remove the muffin tin from the freezer and spoon the peanut butter mixture into the paper baking cups on top of the chocolate layer. Return the muffin tin to the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the muffin tin from the freezer. Using a spoon, add the remaining chocolate to the peanut butter cups to make a top chocolate layer.
- Freezer the keto peanut butter cups for 30 minutes, or until fully firm. Store in a refrigerator or freezer.