Never made pumpkin pie before? Your pumpkin pie will be perfect when you follow this easy pumpkin pie recipe – best ever!
Yum yum pumpkin pie! This easy pumpkin pie recipe makes the most amazing pumpkin pie, everyone will gobble it up! People will beg you to make this pumpkin pie every Thanksgiving (along with the pumpkin cheesecake)!
This is the easiest pumpkin pie recipe ever and is perfect for beginners. This recipe is using store-bought prepared pie crust and canned pumpkin puree. Of course, feel free to use the homemade pie crust (I have a very easy food processor pie crust recipe) and make your own pumpkin puree by grinding up the cooked fresh pumpkin, but store-bought ingredients will work just fine! You can use regular pie crust or graham cracker crust – graham cracker goes really well with pumpkin!
The secret ingredient in this easy pumpkin pie recipe is sweetened condensed milk. It serves two purposes in this pumpkin pie. The number one purpose of the sweetened condensed milk is to provide a smooth creamy texture and correct consistency for the filling, and the number two purpose is to act as a sweetener. No extra sugar is added to this pumpkin pie as the sweetened condensed milk provides all necessary sweetness. I also use sweetened condensed milk in my homemade granola bars and cookie dough truffles – so yum!
Note – this pumpkin pie is sweet enough for most tastes, but I wouldn’t call it extremely sweet. Just the right amount of sweetness. If you like your desserts extra sweet, you can add an extra 1/4 cup of brown sugar to the filling. Here’s an easy test to see if you’d like extra sugar: do you prefer dark chocolate or milk chocolate? If you prefer milk chocolate, you’ll probably like it with an extra brown sugar, and if you prefer dark chocolate, leave the recipe as is.
How To Make Pumpkin Pie
Making this pumpkin pie is very easy! Simply mix pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl until the filling is well blended and smooth. Pour the filling into a prepared pie crust and bake! It doesn’t get any easier than that :) Mix, fill and bake and your easy and delicious pumpkin pie is ready! Enjoy!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Put pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin batter into the pie crust. Put in the oven on the bottom rack. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F and bake for 40 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the pumpkin pie in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the pumpkin pie in the oven and cool completely. Serve the pumpkin pie at room temperature. If serving the next day, keep the pumpkin pie in the refrigerator, then bring to room temperature for an hour before serving.