Creamy Cucumber Dill Salad Recipe With Lemon Yogurt Dressing
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This creamy cucumber salad is a summer staple! Creamy, crunchy and refreshing – this awesome cucumber dill salad is always a hit!
In this delicious creamy cucumber salad, crunchy cucumber and onion slices are seasoned with salt and pepper, garnished with fresh dill and dressed with a smooth creamy dressing – amazing! This yummy cucumber salad is always a hit at picnics and potlucks!
I love the cucumber and dill combo – it’s a true classic! I also make a similar cucumber dill salad with Italian dressing instead of creamy – it’s awesome too! Check out that version of cucumber dill salad and also homemade dill pickles recipe – you’ll love it!
Now when people see “creamy” they automatically imagine something unhealthy, swimming in mayo. Great news is that this creamy cucumber salad is actually super healthy! No mayo in this salad – the creamy dressing is made with Greek yogurt, fresh minced garlic and freshly squeezed lemon juice! There is a time and place for mayo – for example in my famous potato salad, but when it comes to a cucumber salad, I think the yogurt dressing works much better with the cucumbers then a mayonnaise-based one. Cucumber-yogurt is a classic Mediterranean combo (think tzatziki sauce), and the creamy yogurt dressing tastes awesome in this cucumber dill salad! Creamy and healthy – oh yeah!
Another thing that I love about this creamy cucumber salad is that it can be made a few hours ahead. It doesn’t get soggy, which is a great quality for picnic food! The cucumbers stay crispy and get even deeper flavor after being marinated in a yogurt dressing, so load up your picnic containers with this creamy cucumber salad for an amazing feast!
How To Make Creamy Cucumber Salad
This is one of the easiest salads ever!
- Peel two large English cucumbers and cut into chunks. No need to remove the seeds – I never understood why some people do it :)
- Thinly slice a small onion and add to the cucumbers.
- Sprinkle the cucumbers and onions with salt and pepper.
- Make a dressing of 2/3 cup Greek yogurt, 1 minced garlic clove and 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice.
- Add the yogurt dressing to cucumbers and onions.
- Add the fresh dill and mix it into the salad.
Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 long English cucumbers peeled and diced
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Put the cucumbers and onions in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a cup, put the Greek yogurt, minced garlic and lemon juice, and mix to combine.
- Add the yogurt dressing to the cucumbers and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the dill over the cucumbers and stir with a spoon so the dill is evenly incorporated into the creamy cucumber salad.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
Melanie, for your creamy cucumber salad, could you tell me approximately how much dill to stir in?
Approximately 1/4 cup of chopped fresh dill.
Cannot wait to make/eat it!