This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This homemade cinnamon raisin bread is made from start to finish in a bread machine! All you need to do to create this delicious bread is to add the ingredients to a bread machine and press the start button. Your house will smell so amazing that you’ll be hardly able to wait for the bread baking cycle to be done. Then finally you’ll take the warm freshly baked cinnamon raisin bread out of your bread machine and taste the first incredible slice!
As my other bread machine recipes (see soft white sandwich bread recipe and oatmeal bread recipe), this one produces great slices that are not crumbly. If you read the numerous comments on those two other recipes, all these people testify to the fact that those recipes produce the best quality bread machine bread they ever eaten. Since those recipes works so well, I created this cinnamon raisin bread machine recipe using very similar ingredients, except adding raisins and cinnamon and adjusting the sugar to make this bread slightly more sweet.
If you are a fan of store-brought bread, you have to give this freshly baked goodie a try! If you look at the ingredient list of the store-bought bread, it is scary – there is just so much stuff you won’t recognize. When you make bread yourself, you’ll know exactly what goes into it, and it will taste so fresh without all those chemicals and preservatives!
All ingredients for this cinnamon raisin bread are common and easily found: flour, water, sugar, oil, salt, yeast, cinnamon and raisins. You can use bread flour or regular flour – I haven’t seen much difference in a resulting bread texture. This bread slices easily and doesn’t crumble much. I use the serrated knife to slice it for gorgeous even slices that you see on the picture.
You can eat this bread by itself (that’s what usually happens with the warm freshly baked bread), have it with dinner or make sandwiches out of it. And if you have some left over the next day, it makes amazing cinnamon raisin french toast!
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe For Bread Machine
- Water has to be at lukewarm temperature (barely warm, not hot). You can either get the water of this temperature from the tap, or warm the water in a microwave.
- Pour the water in the bread machine.
- Add oil to the bread machine.
- Add flour to the bread machine and sprinkle it with cinnamon.
- On top of the flour, put sugar in one corner of the bread machine, salt in the other corner and yeast in the 3 corner (so the yeast is not touching sugar and salt).
- Close the bread machine cover, set the machine on White bread and 1 1/2 pound loaf setting, and press Start.
- Most bread machines have a "nut and raisin" signal that beeps when the dough mixing cycle is close to the end, so you can add nuts, raisins or other extra ingredients. If your machine has this type of signal, add the raisins when it beeps the "nut and raisin" prompt. If your machine doesn't have this feature, you can add them right away.
- When the baking cycle is finished, take out the freshly baked cinnamon raisin bread and enjoy!