Do you want a slice of this super moist orange bundt cake? This made from scratch orange bundt cake recipe is so easy and tastes amazing! You can taste the orange flavor in every bite!
This epic orange bundt cake is so full of fresh orange flavor, it’s like tasting real orange in a soft moist sweet cake form! It smells like orange and tastes like orange, with the texture so tender, it just melts in your mouth!
You can eat so much of this cake in one sitting, because those moist juicy orange slices make it impossible to stop. The orange flavor is so addictive, all citrus fans will surely appreciate it!
If you’ve been searching for recipes of orange bundt cake, I’m sure you noticed that most of them are using boxed cake mix. A box of yellow cake mix with a package of instant vanilla pudding mix with some orange juice thrown in 🙂 If using a boxed cake mix doesn’t give you a sense of accomplishment and a bragging rights to making an amazing orange bundt cake from scratch, this is your recipe! This easy recipe makes a moist glazed orange bundt cake from scratch without a cake mix. It’s so easy to make too, you won’t miss the convenience of the cake mix at all!
This cake has a deep orange flavor thanks to the orange juice and orange zest in the batter, plus the orange juice concentrate in the glaze. The orange juice concentrate has concentrated orange flavor to the max! When you glaze the cake while it’s still warm, some of the glaze permeates the cake, making it super moist and injecting even more orange flavor inside.
This delicious orange bundt cake is made from the simple everyday ingredients: flour, butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream and fresh oranges (their juice and zest)! You can use bottled orange juice too if you don’t feel like squeezing the oranges, but make sure you don’t skip adding the fresh orange zest because orange zest really adds amazing orange flavor! To zest an orange, just follow my tutorial on how to zest a lemon – it works the exact same way for any citrus fruits 🙂
If you are looking for more citrus flavored yum-yums, you’ll also love these:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2½ cups flour
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp grated orange zest (from 3 oranges)
- ¾ cup orange juice (from approx. 3 oranges)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a nonstick Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Put the eggs in a medium bowl and mix. Add orange juice, orange zest, sour cream and vanilla to the egg and mix until combined.
- Put flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in another large bowl. Add butter and mix with electric mixer on the lowest speed until combined and the mixture is crumbly. Add the egg mixture and mix with the mixer for several minutes until smooth.
- Transfer the cake batter into the bundt pan and smooth out surface. Bake for 55 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cake for 20 minutes, then invert it into a plate.
- While the cake is cooling, make the glaze. To make a glaze, put powdered sugar and orange juice concentrate in a bowl and mix until smooth. Pour the glaze all over the orange bundt cake while it's still warm (right after you inverted the cake on a plate).