This scallop stir-fry recipe is very fast and easy to make. Scallops cook very quickly, so they are a perfect choice when you are pressed for time. Scallops, green peas and onions plus seasonings make a very delicious meal!
Scallop Stir Fry Recipe With Green Peas
Number of servings (yield): 4
- 2 lbs scallops
- 1 lb frozen green peas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp red pepper
- Put green peas in a microwave-safe bowl. Thaw in a microwave on a “Defrost” setting for 7 minutes. Check to see if they are completely defrosted – if not, defrost for several more minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring periodically, for 5 minutes.
- Add the scallops and cook, stirring periodically, for 5 minutes (or until no longer transculent). Cooked scallops have white opaque color.
- Add green peas, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper. Stir. Cook, stirring periodically, for 4 minutes.
- Taste to see if it’s salty enough. If it needs more salt, add more soy sauce to taste.
- Remove the scallop stir-fry from heat and serve.