I love avocados and guacamole! I can eat the whole bowl of guacamole dip by myself 🙂 It’s so fun dipping the crunchy tortilla chips into this yummy guac – you just can’t stop until there is no more guacamole left 🙂
Guacamole is also not just for dipping chips. Guacamole is also great as a side dish to accompany Mexican recipes like quesadillas, tacos, burritos and enchiladas. You can also serve guacamole as a sauce on top of chicken, meat and seafood.
There are lots of different guacamole recipes, and my new favorite kind of guac is the chunky avocado guacamole with tomatoes. This version of guacamole is what you get in most Mexican restaurants when you order the guacamole dip. The chunky avocado guacamole with tomatoes is as close to the restaurant guacamole as it gets.
To make the guacamole chunky, the avocado is mashed with the fork instead of the food processor. This way you can taste the avocado chunks – yum!
Great guacamole starts with great avocados. They should be ready, but not mushy – just ripe enough! Don’t miss this guide on how to pick a good ripe avocado.
Chunky Guacamole Avocado Dip Recipe With Tomatoes
- 3 avocados
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
Instructions How To Make Guacamole
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit with the spoon. Scoop out the avocado from the peel with the spoon and discard the peel. Put the avocado flesh in a bowl. Mash the avocado with the fork.
- Cut the tomato with a knife into a small dice. Add the diced tomato to the avocado.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeno and discard the seeds. Put the onion, jalapeno pepper and garlic into a food processor and mince.
- Add the onion mixture from the food processor to the avocado.
- Squeeze the lime over the avocado until no more juice comes out. Sprinkle the avocado with salt.
- Mix all the ingredients until combined.
Enjoy this yummy chunky guacamole ! It also goes great on top of a Mexican lasagna 🙂