This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This is a main dish salad that I often make for quick lunch. This salad is very simple – just put cooked chicken on top of lettuce and tomatoes. As simple as it is, this salad makes a very filling and super healthy lunch!
I often use leftover chicken from many of my easy chicken recipes. If you have leftover chicken, just chop it up and throw it on top of the salad. The chicken can be any flavor – from plain roast chicken to chicken teriyaki – it will make a very tasty salad. Leftover rotisserie chicken can also come in quite handy for this :)
If you don’t have any leftover chicken, just pan-fry the chicken breast for about 4 minutes on each side, until it’s no longer pink in center when cut. I find individually frozen chicken breasts extremely convenient for those times when all you need is just ONE chicken breast.
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 package (8 oz) lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Pour oil and vinegar in a cup and whisk with a fork to combine.
- Put the lettuce leaves in a bowl. Drizzle with oil and vinegar dressing and toss with your hands until the lettuce is coated with oil.
- Divide the lettuce between 4 plates, and put them on the plates.
- Put the chopped tomatoes on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle chopped tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken pieces on top of the salad.
Enjoy this easy main dish chicken, lettuce and tomato salad for a healthy lunch or dinner!