These amazing pumpkin bars are bursting with melted chocolate chips that are begging to be eaten immediately! Pumpkin and chocolate is the ultimate comfort fall combo!
Are you looking for a pumpkin dessert? These mouthwatering chocolate chip pumpkin bars are the easiest pumpkin dessert ever! Gorgeous orangish-brown in color with chocolate chips throughout – let the pumpkin season begin by making these epic pumpkin squares!
Need a pumpkin dessert for Halloween? Make these chocolate chip pumpkin bars! Need a pumpkin dessert for Thanksgiving? Make them again and again! Need a pumpkin dessert any time of the year? I could always use this pumpkin awesomeness! And while you are at it, check out my pumpkin muffins and pumpkin cheesecake!
Pumpkin bars also make a great breakfast or snack. They freeze well, and are a great addition to packed lunches! I don’t frost them – I think they look and taste complete without frosting. But if you want to try them with frosting, vanilla buttercream frosting works perfectly – you can keep it white or add orange food coloring to go with the “pumpkin” theme :)
These pumpkin bars are so easy to make, even the absolutely beginner can make them for sure! All you need to do is dump the ingredients in a bowl, mix with a mixer, pour in a baking dish and bake! I love one-bowl recipes – the less stuff to wash, the better! And if you don’t have a mixer, you can mix stuff with a fork, it will work well too! Once the pumpkin mixture is baked, just cut into squares. Enjoy these delicious pumpkin bars – I’m sure you’ll love them as much as I do!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a non-stick 9x13 baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Put butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix with a mixer until well combined. Add egg and vanilla and mix to combine. Add the pumpkin puree and mix to combine.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and mix until everything is well combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix until they are incorporated into the batter.
- Transfer the batter into the baking dish, spread evenly and smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Put in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool completely, then slice into squares.