Ocean perch is a very tasty fish, and my favorite way of cooking it is pan-frying. Cooking perch is very easy. Before frying the ocean perch, I like to dip it in the egg and flour. The egg and flour coating makes the pan-fried ocean perch fillet nicely browned and super tasty!
Ocean perch fish fillets are usually very thin and delicate. You don’t need to take off the skin of the ocean perch fish – the skin is edible and is really tasty, it is so soft that you won’t even know that you are eating the skin. Ocean perch fish is usually small, so you’ll need at least five of those small perch fillets for one person :) Those tasty little fish get eaten so quickly!
Pan Fried Ocean Perch Fish Fillets Recipe
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Number of servings: 2
- 1 lb ocean perch fish fillets
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Instructions How To Cook The Perch
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk them with a fork.
- Put the flour on a large plate.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over-medium high heat (I use 2 large frying pans on two burners so all the fish fits at once).
- Take each perch fillet and dip it in the egg on both sides, then dip into the flour on both sides, then put on the frying pan. When putting perch on the frying pan, make sure the fish fillets are not touching each other.
- Sprinkle the ocean perch with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Cook the perch fillets for 4 minutes, then carefully flip the fish with the spatula. Sprinkle the fish with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Cook for 4 minutes, then remove the perch from heat and serve.
Enjoy this yummy pan-fried ocean perch recipe! Here’s the picture of this ocean perch fish with the side of quinoa with craisins: