These spicy garlic eggplant slices are so delicious! Oven roasted to perfection, each bite is bursting with flavor!
If I’m eating an eggplant, it just has to be a garlic eggplant! Eggplant without garlic is just not the right eggplant in my book :)
This incredible eggplant is not just a garlic eggplant, it’s a SPICY garlic eggplant – mmmmmm! It’s so hearty, so filling, so yummy, so garlicky, so spicy, you’ll just keep reaching for more and more and more!
One amazing thing about eggplant is how filling it is. It’s like a vegan meat :) Even though eggplant is pretty light in calories, it just gives you this “stuffed” feeling. If you have this spicy garlic eggplant with a bowl of rice, it would feel like a complete meal! Of course, you can serve it as a vegetable side dish too or as an appetizer – this eggplant dish is so versatile!
How To Make Spicy Garlic Roasted Eggplant
Making this roasted eggplant is super easy – the oven does all the work! You don’t even need to peel the eggplant – the peel is completely edible and it gets soft when the eggplant is roasted. All you need to do is slice the eggplants into rounds, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder and spices, and bake in the oven until soft and browned. That’s it! Perfect for lazy cooks!
You can serve this spicy garlic eggplant either hot or cold – it’s delicious either way. Personally, I prefer to eat it cold, straight from the refrigerator. It is actually a great make-ahead dish – this eggplant will stay delicious for several days in a refrigerator, and you don’t even need to reheat it. Yum! For another awesome eggplant recipe, check out my roasted eggplant salad.
- 1 eggplant
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp red pepper
- 1 tsp sweet paprika (optional)
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the eggplant into rounds.
- Put eggplant slices on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil on both sides.
- Sprinkle the eggplant slices with garlic powder, red pepper, sweet paprika and Italian seasoning.
- Put eggplant in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from the oven and sprinkle with salt.