Multi-purpose rice cooker (also known as fuzzy logic rice cooker) is no ordinary rice cooker. In addition to cooking rice, this rice cooker can do many other tasks: baking, slow-cooking and steaming.
Here are the menu options for the fuzzy logic rice cooker:
1) White rice: makes perfect white rice – just add rice and water and press Start. When it beeps, the perfectly cooked white rice is ready.
2) Quick cook: will cook rice quickly if you are in a hurry.
3) Brown rice: makes perfect brown rice. Brown rice is difficult to make on the stove, but effortless using a rice cooker!
4) Sticky rice: will make sticky rice – perfect for making sushi rolls
5) Porridge: this option is for cooking oatmeal and other kinds of hot porridge. If you like oatmeal for breakfast, don’t settle for the instant oatmeal. With the fuzzy-logic rice cooker, you can have professionally-prepared steel-cut oatmeal for your breakfast without any effort!
6) Bake: the most obvious use of this feature is baking cakes, but it doesn’t stop there. You can also bake vegetables and meat inside the rice cooker!
7) Slow cook: functions the same as a slow-cooker/crockpot on a High option. If you have a multi-purpose rice cooker, you don’t need a separate crockpot.
8) Steam: steams food in a steamer basket. You can steam vegetables, meat and fish.
Other great features of the fuzzy-logic rice cooker:
* Delay timer – you can put the ingredients in the rice cooker in the morning, and set the timer to cook it by the time you return from work in the evening.
* Keep Warm Function – after the cooking cycle is complete, the rice cooker automatically switches to “Keep Warm” function. It will keep your food warm for up to 12 hours.
I use my multi-purpose rice cooker several times per week. What I like about it the most is the fact that I don’t have to “babysit” it – I don’t have to worry about things burning or boiling over.
In addition to cooking rice, I use this rice cooker to boil potatoes (using bake function with water added), bake vegetables and make stews. I’ve also used it for caramelizing onions (the bake option with the lid open). It’s a true multi-purpose appliance – highly recommended!