Who says cheeseburgers have to be unhealthy? Cheeseburger can be very healthy if you make it out of lean turkey meat. This easy turkey cheeseburger recipe is very tasty and good for you!
You can make turkey cheeseburger on a grill or in the frying pan. The recipe below shows how to make turkey burgers in your kitchen on a frying pan. The ground turkey is mixed with salt and pepper, shaped into patties and cooked. Then you assemble the turkey cheeseburgers by adding mayo, mustard, turkey burger, cheese, onion, tomato and lettuce on a warm bun. Of course, feel free to add your favorite extra toppings!
Turkey Cheeseburger Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 4 burger buns
- 4 slices of cheese
- Onion slices
- Tomato slices
Instructions How To Make Turkey Cheeseburgers
- Sprinkle the ground turkey with the salt and pepper and mix thoroughly by squeezing with your hands.
- Shape the turkey mixture into 4 patties.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with a cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Put the turkey burger patties on a frying pan so they are not touching.
- Cook for 3 minutes, then carefully flip each patty and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Put a slice of cheese on top of each patty. Cook for another 1 minute or until the meat is cooked through (no longer pink in center).
- Warm the burger buns in a microwave for 30 seconds so they are warm.
- Assemble the turkey cheeseburgers: spread the bottom bun with mayo and mustard. Put the turkey patty with cheese on the bun, add onion slices, tomato slice and lettuce and cover with a top bun.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Enjoy your turkey cheeseburgers! They go perfectly with the sweet potato fries 🙂
Here’s another picture of a turkey cheeseburger:
For an ultimate turkey cheeseburger shortcut, you can buy frozen turkey burger patties!