This shrimp stir-fry recipe is very easy to make. Shrimp stir-fry is such a tasty and healthy dinner! This shrimp stir-fry recipe uses very healthy ingredients: shrimp, bell peppers and onions.
In the picture above, I used red bell peppers in this shrimp stir-fry, and of course you can use any color bell peppers. For the best presentation, you can use tri-color peppers – red, yellow and green – this will make your stir-fry really colorful. For flavoring, I used minced garlic and soy sauce, so this shrimp stir-fry is Asian-style. Such simple ingredients make a very delicious meal!
Shrimp Stir-Fry Recipe With Bell Peppers And Onions
- 1 lb tail-off shrimp
- 4 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- If the shrimp is frozen, thaw it under cold running water. See more info on how to defrost shrimp.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Add the chopped bell peppers to the onions and stir. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the bell peppers and onions and stir. Cook, stirring periodically, for 3 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked through (completely opaque).
- Add minced garlic, soy sauce and pepper and stir for 1 minute.
- Taste to see if there is enough salt. If it’s not salty enough, add more soy sauce to taste.
- Remove the shrimp stir-fry from heat and serve.
This shrimp stir-fry is perfect served over white rice. I always have the white rice cooking in a rice cooker, so it’s ready without any work on my part 🙂 See how to cook rice in a rice cooker. If you like shrimp stir-fries, here’s another great stir-fry – pineapple shrimp stir-fry recipe. Enjoy!