Shrimp fried rice is a very popular dish, and it’s so easy to make at home. Once you try making shrimp fried rice by following this easy recipe, you will never order it from Chinese takeout!
Shrimp fried rice is a great way to use leftover rice. If you have frozen shrimp and frozen vegetables on hand, you can turn that leftover rice into shrimp fried rice!
Easy Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
Cooking time: 5 minute
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- 1 lb of frozen cooked tail-off shrimp (thawed)
- 1 bag (8 oz) of frozen stir-fry vegetables (cooked in a microwave according to package directions)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 egg
Instructions How To Make Shrimp Fried Rice
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add rice and stir until all grains are coated with oil.
- Push the rice to the sides of the frying pan and reduce heat to low. Break the egg into a center of a frying pan. Quickly stir the rice and egg together, so the rice is coated with egg.
- Drizzle the soy sauce over rice, and stir so the rice is coated with soy sauce.
- Add shrimp and veggies. Increase heat to medium-high, and stir until combined. Add extra soy sauce and pepper to taste if needed.
Pictures How To Make Shrimp Fried Rice:
Here’s the picture of adding the egg to the middle of the frying pan when making fried rice:
Here’s the picture of rice after it’s been coated with egg and soy sauce – the rice is now brown in color:
Here’s shrimp fried rice on the frying pan, after shrimp and vegetables have been added:
And here’s the closeup picture of shrimp fried rice: