This shrimp and asparagus quinoa bowl is super simple, healthy and delicious!
Shrimp and asparagus make a very tasty and elegant combo, and when combined with quinoa, turn into a filling one-dish meal. This dish is really healthy, low in calories and high in nutrients and protein. This is going to become your next favorite healthy lunch or dinner! Since all the ingredients are so quick and easy to cook, the whole meal is ready in about 25 minutes!
Shrimp asparagus quinoa bowl is very easy to make. Cook quinoa any way you like it (I have recipes for stove top quinoa, rice cooker quinoa or Instant Pot quinoa), and while quinoa is cooking, prepare shrimp and asparagus, and at the end mix it all together, plus season with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper!
If you have a bag of cooked frozen shrimp, all you need to do is thaw it under cold running water (if you’ve never done it before, check out my instructions how to defrost shrimp). If your frozen shrimp is raw (not cooked), then thaw it and cook in a frying pan for 2 minutes – yes, it cooks that quickly! Alternatively, if you own an Instant Pot, you can cook shrimp in it very easily – check out my guide on how to cook frozen shrimp in Instant Pot.
This shrimp and asparagus quinoa bowl can be eaten hot or cold – it’s yummy either way. It is perfect for weekly meal prep – just make a big batch of this recipe, divide between meal prep containers and healthy meals will be waiting for you in a fridge! If you are in a mood for a warm meal, just heat it up in a microwave, or if you are short on time, just eat it cold like a salad!
If you like this shrimp asparagus quinoa bowl, you will also like these other quinoa recipes:
Chicken Fajitas Quinoa Bowl – another simple quinoa bowl with the Mexican flavors!
Quinoa Pesto Salad – color quinoa green with the most flavorful homemade pesto! I can’t stop eating it!
Eggplant Spinach Quinoa Bowl – this quinoa bowl is vegan but totally fills you up thanks to hearty eggplant! This is a perfect choice when you want to take a break from meat!
Chickpea Quinoa Mason Jar Salad – beautifully layered quinoa salad for weekly meal prep!
Papaya Quinoa Salad – tropical quinoa salad that’s truly mouthwatering! A completely new take on quinoa!
For more ideas on what to do with frozen shrimp, check out my shrimp recipes collection.
- 1 lb frozen cooked shrimp
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Thaw the shrimp by putting it in a colander under cold running water until thawed.
- Trim and discard the end off the asparagus stalks. Cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Put asparagus in a microwave-safe dish, add 1 tbsp of water, cover and microwave on High for 3 minutes.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice to cooked quinoa and mix until combined.
- Add cooked shrimp, asparagus, salt and pepper to quinoa and mix until combined. You can serve this dish hot or cold.