This savory matzah kugel is a traditional Jewish recipe, usually made for the Jewish holiday of Passover. It is very similar to Matzah Brie, except the matzah kugel is baked instead of fried – the matzah kugel is a lowfat version of fried matzah 🙂 If you are looking for a healthy Passover recipe with matzah, make this tasty matzo kugel!
Savory Matzah Kugel Recipe
Matzah Kugel Ingredients
- 8 sheets of matzah
- 2 cups of hot water
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
Instructions How To Make Matzah Kugel
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Spray a non-stick round 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Break the matzah into pieces and pour the hot water over them. Immediately drain the matzah.
- Whisk the eggs with the fork. Add the salt and pepper and mix.
- Add the eggs to the matzah and mix until combined.
- Put the matzo mixture into the baking pan.
- Put the matzah kugel in the oven on the top rack and bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is browned.
Slice the baked matzo kugel into slices and serve. It tastes great both hot and cold.
Here’s the picture of the matzah kugel slice:
Enjoy this tasty savory matzah kugel!