This pasta recipe is very easy and tasty. Cooked pasta is mixed with cooked sausage pieces, green beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and ricotta cheese to make a hearty comfort food dinner. For this recipe I used Rotini (spiral shapes) pasta, but of course you can use any kind of pasta – it will all taste great!
Rotini Pasta Recipe With Sausage, Ricotta And Green Beans
- 1 lb rotini (spiral shapes) pasta
- 1 lb sausage
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed (if using frozen, defrost in a microwave)
- 1 large can (28 oz) chopped tomatoes with juice
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut the sausage into 1/2-inch pieces and chop the mushrooms.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat (you might need to use two frying pans to fit everything).
- Add the sausage, mushrooms and green beans to the frying pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until everything is cooked through.
- Add minced garlic, tomatoes, salt and pepper to the frying pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Drain cooked pasta and return to the pot. Add ricotta to the pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Add the sausage mixture to the pasta and mix until combined.
Enjoy this yummy pasta dish! It also reheats very well, so if you have leftovers, they’ll be great for next day’s dinner! For more pasta recipes, check out easy pasta shells casserole, pasta recipe with fresh tomatoes and homemade alfredo sauce pasta recipe.