Potatoes and onions go really well together, and when they are oven roasted, they go together even better! This roasted potatoes and onions recipe is very easy to make. Potatoes and onions are roasted at the same time in the oven, and then mixed together so make a very tasty side dish.
Roasting brings such a good flavor out of both potatoes an onions. Roasted potatoes become golden brown, and the onions develop caramelized taste!
Roasted Potatoes And Onions Recipe
Ingredients For Roasted Potatoes And Onions
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Instructions How To Make Roasted Potatoes And Onions
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- If you are using regular potatoes, peel them and cut into quarters (very large potatoes can be cut into eighths). If using small potatoes, you don’t need to peel them – just wash them and cut into halves. Put potato pieces in a bowl.
- Peel the onions and cut them into large chunks. Put the onion pieces in a separate bowl from the potatoes.
- Pour 1 tbsp of olive oil oven the potatoes and toss with your hands to coat the potatoes with oil.
- Pour 1 tbsp of olive oil oven the onions and toss with your hands to coat the onions with oil.
- Put the onions on one baking sheet, and put potatoes on another baking sheet.
- Put the onions in the oven on the top oven rack, and put the potatoes in the oven on the bottom oven rack.
- Take the onions out of the oven after 20 minutes (or when they start browning).
- After you take out the onions, move the potatoes to the top oven rack.
- Bake the potatoes for another 25 minutes (45 minutes total).
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the roasted potatoes with roasted onions and serve.
Here’s the picture of the baking sheet with roasted onions that just came out of the oven:
And here’s the picture of the roasted potatoes that just came out of the oven:
Enjoy your roasted potatoes and onions! Here are some other roasted vegetable recipes you will like: roasted sweet potatoes recipe, roasted cauliflower recipe, roasted broccoli recipe and roasted asparagus recipe.