These roasted eggplant cubes are so healthy, delicious and filling! Oven roasted eggplant is so full of flavor, amazing!
Roasted eggplant is my favorite way of eating eggplant! Roasted vegetables are awesome, and eggplant is no exception – roasting really brings the best flavor out of it! In this super easy recipe, eggplant is cut into cubes, tossed in olive oil and roasted to perfection in the oven – so yummy!
Oven roasted eggplant cubes are going to be your new favorite side dish, they are so good! Eggplant is super filling, so this roasted eggplant can even be used as a main dish served over rice or quinoa! If you are a vegan, vegetarian or are just looking to incorporate more healthy plant-based recipes into your diet, this oven roasted eggplant is a perfect hearty meal for you!
Making these oven roasted eggplant pieces is super easy! Just wash the eggplant, cut off the stem, then cut the eggplant into cubes. Toss the eggplant cubes with olive oil and bake in pre-heated 425F oven for 35 minutes or until totally soft and browned. Sprinkle roasted eggplant with salt, pepper and your favorite seasonings and you are done!
Best of all, you don’t even need to peel the eggplant! The eggplant skin is absolutely edible, has lots of vitamins and it gets so soft in the oven that you don’t even taste it. Also, without the skin eggplant looks kind of weird, so that’s another reason to keep that black glistening eggplant skin 🙂
You can eat roasted eggplant cubes hot or cold – they are awesome either way! They keep well for several days in a refrigerator, and since they are yummy cold, you don’t even need to reheat them – just munch away! You can also use this eggplant to make eggplant salad with garlic and peppers or eggplant dip baba ganoush.
I have another awesome eggplant recipe that’s also for roasted eggplant, but in a slice form 🙂 It’s for spicy garlic roasted eggplant slices, including the exact amounts of garlic and seasoning, you are going to love it! Check out how to make spicy garlic eggplant slices – yum!
- 1 eggplant
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper and seasoning to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the eggplant into cubes about 1-inch in size each. You don't need to peel the eggplant!
- Put the eggplant cubes in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss the eggplant pieces with your hands so they are coated with oil.
- Put the eggplant cubes on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Put in the oven and bake for 35 minutes, or until the eggplant is browned and soft.
- Remove roasted eggplant from the oven and sprinkle with salt, pepper and spices to taste.