What’s the next best thing to the made from scratch potato pancakes? The potato pancakes from the mix! Potato pancakes (a.k.a latkes) from the boxed potato pancake mix are also really tasty. Best of all, the potato pancake mix makes is so easy to make those latkes!
The potato pancakes mix saves you lots of steps – you don’t have to peel the potatoes, you don’t have to shred them in the food processor and you don’t have to squeeze out the potato liquid. All you need to do to make these convenient potato pancakes from the mix is to add eggs and water to the mix, then fry the latkes in a frying pan.
My favorite potato pancakes mix is Manischewitz brand – the mix is called Manischewitz Homestyle Potato Latke Mix. It makes really tasty potato pancakes – these yummy golden brown latkes that are pictured on top of this page were made by using this mix. These latkes are so tasty!
Potato Pancakes Recipe Using The Manischewitz Latkes Mix
Cooking time: 6 minutes
Potato Pancakes Ingredients
- 1 box of Manischewitz Latkes Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of cold water
- 2 tbsp oil
Instructions How To Make Potato Pancakes From The Mix
- In a bowl, mix the potato pancakes mix, eggs and water. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Drop the potato pancakes batter into the frying pan using a large spoon. Make sure the potato pancakes are not touching each other.
- Cook the potato pancakes on one side for 3 minutes (or until golden brown), then carefully flip with the spatula and cook on the other side for 3 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Remove the potato pancakes from the frying pan and serve immediately.
Potato pancakes taste great with apple sauce – yum!