Pasta Recipe With Chicken, Mushrooms and Asparagus
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions, until tender. Drain into a colander.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and asparagus and cook, stirring periodically, for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove the mushroom and asparagus mixture from a frying pan into a bowl.
- Heat another 1 tbsp of oil in that frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until cooked through (no longer pink in center, about 5 minutes). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the chicken and mushroom/asparagus mixture between 2 large frying pans (half goes in one frying pan, another half in the other). This step is done because all that stuff wouldn’t fit into one pan (since you’ll later add the pasta!)
- Heat each frying pan over medium heat. Make space in the center of each pan (push the food to the sides). Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil into the center of each frying pan. Add garlic there and cook for 30 seconds. Add pasta (half of the pasta in one pan, half in the other), and stir until everything is combined and the pasta is coasted with oil.
Here are some more pictures of this yummy pasta with chicken, mushrooms and asparagus – same recipe, just using different pasta shapes:
Pasta recipe closeup picture
Pasta With Chicken, Mushrooms and Asparagus Cooking In A Frying Pan