http://www.melaniecooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/sole-fish-fillet.jpg 477 500 Melanie Mendelson http://www.melaniecooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/logo-new2.png Melanie Mendelson2012-06-20 08:54:362012-06-20 09:11:15Pan Fried Sole Fish Fillet Recipe
Sole is a very mild tasting and tender fish. Sole fish fillets are very thin, so they flake and break very easily. When cooking sole, you should remember 2 things:
- Prevent sticking
If the sole fish fillet sticks to your frying pan, it will completely fall apart when you try to remove it. So make sure you use a good non-stick pan, and add some oil to it as an extra precaution against sticking.
- Prevent overcooking
Because the sole fish fillet is so thing, it cooks really quickly – literally a minute on each side! If you overcook it, it will fall apart, so don’t walk away from the frying pan while cooking the sole fish 🙂
Pan Fried Sole Fish Fillet Recipe
Preparation time: 2 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
- 1 lb sole fish fillets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- Quarter of a lemon
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Rub the fish with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add the fish to the frying pan, so the fish pieces are not touching.
- Cook for 1 minute, then carefully flip each sole fillet with a spatula.
- Cook for another 1 minute. While it’s cooking, squeeze the lemon over the fish.
- Carefully remove the sole fish fillets from the frying pan with a spatula.