Calling all Oreo cookie lovers! This Oreo cookies and cream chocolate cake is exactly what you need right now! Dark chocolate cake is frosted with white buttercream frosting with real Oreo cookie crumbs, YUM! You can taste the Oreos in every bite!
This amazing chocolate cookies and cream Oreo cake consists of a one layer chocolate cake frosted with Oreo buttercream frosting. If you are a typical one-bowl cake maker, you’ll absolutely love this recipe! This chocolate cake is made by mixing the ingredients in one bowl and baking! No fancy layers here – just a good ol’ one-bowl chocolate cake!
The Oreo frosting is simply my basic vanilla buttercream frosting mixed with the Oreo cookie crumbs. To make the Oreo cookie crumbs, just put a pack of Oreos in a food processor and pulse until they turn into crumbs. Don’t eat all the Oreos in the process 🙂 Buttercream frosting + Oreo crumbs = cookies and cream!
If you are totally obsessed with Oreos, you can even throw in some Oreo crumbs in the chocolate cake batter. I normally just put in the Oreo crumbs in the frosting, but you can add them to both the frosting and the cake! You can also sprinkle the top and the sides of the cake with even more Oreo crumbs – it’s never “too much of a good thing” when it comes to Oreos! For cookie lovers, I also have an awesome easy cookie cake recipe – you’ll have to make that one next!
You can also add a layer of whole Oreos on top of the cake, or stick them vertically into the cake so the Oreos are standing. Decorate this yummy Oreo cookies and cream cake however you want – you can be as creative as you’d like!
If you like this Oreo “cookies n cream” cake, you will also love my truffle cake. It has the chocolate cake base with the chocolate frosting, sprinkled with chocolate crumbs and topped with chocolate truffles. Have your cake and eat it too – check out the chocolate truffle cake recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a non-stick 9-inch round baking pan with cooking spray.
- Put flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and stir with a spoon so everything is combined.
- Add melted butter and boiling water to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Add the whisked egg and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter in a baking pan.
- Put the cake in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Make the Oreo frosting: crush the Oreo cookies into crumbs in a food processor. In a bowl, mix together butter and powdered sugar with a mixer, adding sugar ½ cup at a time. Add vanilla and heavy cream and mix until combined. Add the Oreo cookie crumbs and mix until combined.
- Spread the Oreo frosting all over the cake. Add more Oreo crumbs and whole Oreo cookies on top of the cake to decorate if desired.