This amazing one-pot pasta with ground meat is so yummy, cheesy and comforting! All ingredients are cooked along with pasta in one pot, blending the flavors together – amazing! So simple and so delicious!
This mouthwatering 20-minute one-pot pasta is truly hearty and full of meat! Ground turkey or beef is cooked with onions and fresh garlic in a pot, then tomato sauce and pasta are added and everything is simmered together until the pasta is al-dente. As a finishing touch, shredded Mozzarella cheese is stirred in, melting from the heat of the freshly cooked pasta. Hearty meat, gooey stretchy cheese and a sauce full of flavor – what a perfect way for you to warm up on a cold day! This delicious pasta really hits the spot, everyone can use this comforting warmth in their life!
When you cook the pasta together with meat and tomato sauce, the pasta really soaks up all those rich flavors! Unlike conventional pasta recipes where the plain pasta is coated with sauce (remaining plain on the inside), the one-pot pasta is permeated with sauce! The pasta itself cooks in those rich sauce ingredients instead of plain water, and the meat, garlic and tomato flavor really gets inside the pasta! Add the gooey melted cheese all over, and you’ve got yourself a pasta perfection!
Another awesome feature of a one-pot pasta is that there is only one pot to wash! Everything is cooked together in one pot. The less dishes to wash the better! Plus the whole recipe takes just 20 minutes from start to finish! Cooking the ground meat takes about 5 minutes, plus another 10-15 minutes once you add the pasta and other sauce ingredients! I love shortcuts! With this amazing one-pot pasta recipe, you are just 20 minutes away from a delicious comforting dinner on your table!
This yummy 20-minute one-pot pasta with ground meat is also great for your budget! All the ingredients are really simple and cheap, and this pasta dish feeds 6 hungry people. Just get the ground beef or turkey on sale, plus onion, garlic, a can of tomato sauce, a can of chopped tomatoes, a bag of shredded cheese and a box of pasta. That’s a dinner for 6 for under $15! I often already have all this stuff in my freezer and pantry anyway, making it a perfect spontaneous dinner! It also freezes very well, feel free to freeze the leftovers for later. This one-pot pasta is so yummy through that I can eat it several days in a row until there is absolutely nothing left!
If you like the idea of one-pot pasta as much as I do, here’s another amazing one-pot pasta recipe:
For more frugal recipes with ground meat, check out these:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 package (16 oz) ziti or penne pasta
- 1 package (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ground meat, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt and Italian seasoning, and cook, stirring, for 1 more minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and water and mix until combined. Add pasta. When the liquid comes to a boil, cover the pot and reduce heat to simmer. Cook, stirring every 2 minutes, for 12 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked. If there is not enough liquid during the cooking process, add more water (1/2 cup at a time).
- Remove the one-pot pasta from heat and stir in shredded mozzarella cheese.