This easy mushroom rice recipe has rice mixed with ground meat and fried mushrooms. For this recipe, you can use any kind of ground meat – I have made this mushroom rice with ground beef and ground turkey and they were both really tasty. You can also make this rice recipe with ground chicken or pork, I’m sure it will be just as good!
This mushroom rice recipe is a great way to use up leftover rice. If you have cooked rice on hand, just transform it into a new meal with this recipe, or you can always cook new rice – the easy way to cook rice is to use a rice cooker 🙂
Another great thing about this tasty mushroom rice recipe is that it only uses three ingredients – rice, mushrooms and ground meat! To make this super easy rice main dish, first cook the mushrooms on a frying pan in a little oil, then add the meat and cook until ready, and then mix in the cooked rice – that’s all there is to it! Meat and mushrooms are very filling, so this easy rice dish will really fill out up – a little goes a long way 🙂
If your rice is already cooked, this recipe only takes 10 minutes to make from start to finish – that’s a super fast way to put dinner on the table! This mushroom rice recipe is perfect for busy cooks, and it’s really tasty!
Mushroom Rice Recipe With Ground Beef Or Turkey
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 package (8 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oil
Instructions How To Make Mushroom Rice
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook, stirring periodically, for 4 minutes.
- Add ground meat, salt and pepper. Mix with the mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until the ground meat is completely cooked through (no longer pink).
- Add the cooked rice and mix thoroughly, until everything is combined and the rice is heated through.
For more easy rice recipes, check out Cajun dirty rice with ground beef, shrimp fried rice, chicken broccoli fried rice and vegetarian fried rice. All these rice recipes are a great way to use up leftover rice, so don’t be afraid to cook a lot of rice at once – you can always make another meal out of it 🙂