Mediterranean Fattoush Salad is a classic Middle Eastern salad that’s Lebanese in origin. Fattoush salad consists of fresh veggies, beans, feta cheese and crunchy pita chips, tossed in a dressing of olive oil and lemon juice.
Fattoush salad has all these different colors and textures, and it’s so refreshing and bursting with flavor. This very tasty Mediterranean salad recipe is a very tasty way to eat all these nutritious healthy veggies!
Mediterranean Fattoush Salad Recipe
- 2 cups green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 cups lettuce leaves
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed (or you can use any other kinds of beans)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup pita chips, broken in half or quarters (store-bought, or you can make your own pita chips in a microwave)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon (see best way to juice a lemon)
Instructions How To Make Fattoush Salad
- Cook the green beans in the microwave on High for 3 minutes, or until tender but still crisp.
- In a cup, mix the olive oil with lemon juice to make a dressing.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy this crispy, juicy, tangy and refreshing fattoush salad! For another great Lebanese salad recipe, check out how to make Tabouleh salad – yum!