Fried matzah called Matzo Brie is a traditional Jewish recipe, usually made during the Jewish holiday of Passover – it’s a classic Passover recipe. Fried matzah is so tasty, and it makes a great breakfast!
Matzo Brie is very easy to make – all you need is the matzah and eggs. To make Matzo Brie fried matzah, soak the matzha pieces in hot water, then mix with eggs and fry like pancakes. If you want a new addition to your breakfast menu, try this yummy fried matzah – you’ll love it! You can eat Matzo Brie with apple sauce or maple syrup – yum!
Matzo Brie Fried Matzah Recipe
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Matzo Brie Ingredients
- 4 sheets matzah
- 2 eggs
- Hot water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
Instructions How To Make Fried Matzah
- Break the matzah into half-inch pieces and put in a bowl. Pour very hot water over the matzah (just enough water to cover the matzah). Let it soak for 5 minutes.
- Drain the matzah. Take matzhah with your hands and squeeze out excess water. Put squeezed matzah into another bowl.
- Mix the matzah with the eggs and salt.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Shape the matzah mixture into patties and put on the frying pan. Fry on one side for 3 minutes, then flip them over and fry on another side for 3 minutes.
- Remove Matzo Brie from heat and serve.