Turkey enchiladas is a great one-dish dinner recipe. Ground turkey meat is sauteed with onions, spices and green peas, then wrapped in corn tortillas, topped with tomato sauce and shredded cheese and baked. These enchiladas have authentic taste. If you like enchiladas, make these turkey enchiladas – you will love them!
Recipe: Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 can (15 oz) green peas, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 tbsp oil
Instructions How To Make Turkey Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ground turkey. Cook, stirring periodically, for 7 minutes, or until the turkey is cooked (no longer pink).
- Add green peas, cumin, chili powder and minced garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and stir.
- Put tomato sauce in a bowl. Pour water into the can from the tomato sauce, then add water to the tomato sauce in a bowl. Mix, so the tomato sauce is mixed with water.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce on the bottom of a non-stick 8×12 baking dish.
- Assemble the enchiladas: heat the corn tortillas in the microwave 3 at a time for 20 seconds. Divide the turkey mixture into 12 parts, put one part of turkey mixture in the center of tortilla and roll into a roll. Put the rolled enchiladas side by side in a baking dish.
- Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the enchiladas. Sprinkle the enchiladas with remaining shredded cheese.
- Put the baking dish with turkey enchiladas in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
Number of servings: 4
Enjoy these turkey enchiladas with a side of guacamole!