Salmon Teriyaki is a very tasty salmon recipe. Salmon fillet is marinated in teriyaki sauce, and then cooked in the frying pan. Even if you are not a huge fan of salmon, try the salmon teriyaki – it’s the tastiest way of making salmon, in my opinion, and you might become a salmon fan after trying this recipe.
I like to make my own teriyaki sauce for the salmon teryaki recipe. Making teriyaki sauce is very easy – you just mix 4 ingredients: soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar and vinegar. If you want to make this recipe with bottled teriyaki sauce, you can certainly do it. Just pour the teriyaki sauce from the bottle instead of making your own teriyaki sauce.
To make salmon teriyaki, first you make the teriyaki sauce, then you marinate the salmon in the teriyaki sauce and then you cook the salmon on the frying pan. The whole process takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
This salmon teriyaki tastes very authentic – it’s just as good as the salmon teriyaki that you can get in a fine Japanese restaurant!
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup mirin (Japanese rice wine, found in the grocery isle next to soy sauce)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp oil
- First, make the teriyaki sauce - mix together soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar and vinegar.
- Next, marinate the salmon in the teriyaki sauce. You need to put the salmon fillets in a shallow dish (I use the large pyrex baking dish for this), put them skin side up. Pour ½ of the teriyaki sauce of the salmon. Spread the teriyaki sauce with your hands around the fish fillets, so all the fish is coated in teriyaki sauce. Leave to marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Next, cook the salmon. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat (I use 2 frying pans over 2 burners, so I can cook all the fish at once).
- Put the fish in the frying pan skin side down.
- Cook for 4 minutes, then flip to the other side.
- Add the remaining teriyaki sauce to the frying pan. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove the fish from the frying pan onto plates (put the fish skin side down), and pour the sauce from the pan on top of the fish.
Here’s another photo of this salmon teriyaki recipe:
Enjoy your salmon teriyaki! It is great served with simple white rice, couscous or quinoa as a side dish.