This pineapple shrimp stir-fry has shrimps, pineapple chunks, green peas, chopped mushrooms, chopped bell peppers and onions. The star ingredients that set the tone for the stir-fry are shrimps and pineapple. Other vegetables just add to this unique complex flavor of a stir-fry that you just can’t stop eating.
- 1 lb cooked tail-off shrimp
- ½ pineapple
- 8 oz frozen green peas
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- If the shrimp is frozen, thaw it in the sink under cold running water (see how to defrost shrimp fast). Thaw the green peas in the microwave.
- Cut the pineapple into chunks (see how to slice a pineapple for an easy way to do it).
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and chopped mushrooms. Cook, stirring periodically, for 5 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and pineapple chunks and stir. Cook, stirring periodically, for 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp, green peas and minced garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir, so everything is combined. Cook, stirring periodically, for 3 minutes or until the shrimp and green peas are heated through. Add salt to taste is necessary.
Here are more pictures of pineapple shrimp stir-fry –
Pineapple shrimp stir-fry in a frying pan:
Pineapple Shrimp Stir-Fry Served Over Yellow Rice (see how to make yellow rice):