This honey-lemon marinade makes the world’s tastiest chicken shish kabobs! Chicken is marinated in the mixture of oil, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce and garlic and then cooked on a grill – yum!
This marinade makes the chicken so flavorful. When you marinate the chicken in refrigerator overnight, the marinade really permeates the chicken and makes is so tender and delicious. Even the chicken breast will be succulent and full of flavor!
When you are ready to grill the chicken shish kabob, put the marinated chicken pieces on the skewer and grill. If you are using the wooden skewers, make sure you soak them before grilling so they do not burn. This marinated chicken will smell so good and taste even better! Smelling this honey lemon chicken shish kabob on a grill will make all the neighbors jealous 🙂
You can also cook this chicken shish kabobs in the oven under a broiler, so you can enjoy them in a winter or if you don’t have an outdoor grill. This recipe also works great on the electric grill. For more kabob recipes, check out my chicken kefta kabob recipe and hot dog kabobs.
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into pieces
- Combine vegetable oil, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic and pepper in a food processor bowl. Process for 30 seconds or until blended and the garlic is minced.
- Pour marinade over the chicken pieces, and marinate in a refrigerator for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight).
- Preheat the grill.
- Put the chicken pieces on the skewers.
- Grill the chicken kabobs, turning once, until cooked through (no longer pink in center).