Ground beef and potato casserole recipe is a great party dish. There are lots of benefits to this recipe that make it a great choice for a main dish that’s served to a crowd:
- Ground beef and potato casserole is a one-dish recipe. No separate side dish is needed – it’s a main dish and side dish in one!
- This ground beef casserole uses just 5 ingredients – ground beef, potatoes, onions, mayo and cheese!
- The ingredients are very cheap – this casserole is perfect for feeding a crowd on a budget!
- This ground beef and potato casserole recipe is very easy to make – simply layer the ingredients in a baking dish, put in the oven and bake for 1 hour until ready
- This recipe uses very simple ingredients that are liked by most people – nothing exotic or unusual, and this means that this dish will appeal to the majority of picky eaters
Ground Beef And Potato Casserole Recipe
Number of servings (yield): 8
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions
- 8 potatoes
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 package (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt and pepper
Instructions How To Make Ground Beef And Potato Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Peel the onions and cut into quarters. Slice the onions in a food processor fitted with a slicing disk.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onions to the frying pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into quarters. Slice the potatoes in a food processor fitted with the same slicing disk. Put the potatoes in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the ground beef with 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Press the ground beef mixture into the bottom of an 8×12 non-stick baking dish, so the beef is in a single smooth layer.
- Put the fried onions on top of the beef, and distribute the onions evenly.
- Sprinkle the sliced potatoes with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp of pepper. Put the mayo on the potatoes, and toss the potatoes with your hands so they are coated with mayo.
- Put the potatoes on top of the onions in a layer.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with shredded cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Put the baking dish in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the top and bake for another 15 minutes.
Enjoy this yummy and easy ground beef and potato casserole! Make this recipe for your next party – it will be a hit! If you like casseroles, also check out my baked pasta shells casserole recipe – it’s also very easy and yummy. For party appetizers, check out mango salsa recipe, easy stuffed mushrooms and easiest guacamole recipe.