If you are watching your weight but still want to enjoy your cake, you must make this fat free carrot cake! This fat free carrot cake recipe makes a very tasty and moist carrot cake – nobody will believe it’s fat free and low in calories!
This yummy fat free carrot cake is the healthiest cake ever – in addition to being low calorie cake, it actually has vitamins from carrots, apple sauce and raisins!
Making fat free carrot cake is really easy – it’s a one-step one-bowl recipe where you just mix all ingredients and bake. Use the food processor fitted with a round shredding disk to shred the carrots – it will take less than a minute to shred all the carrots!
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites with sugar.
- Add apple sauce and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients (the apple sauce mixture) and mix until combined.
- Add the carrots and raisins and mix.
- Spray the non-stick round 9-inch baking pan with a cooking spray.
- Pour the carrot cake mixture into the baking pan.
- Put in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
You can also turn this fat free carrot cake into a sugar-free carrot cake – just use Splenda instead of sugar 🙂
Here’s the picture of this yummy easy fat free carrot cake right out of the oven:
This recipe was based on my regular best carrot cake recipe – I just slimmed down the regular carrot cake to turn it into a fat free carrot cake, and it stayed super yummy!