What’s better than chocolate chip cookies? DOUBLE chocolate chip cookies! Dark chocolate cookie with chocolate chips inside, soft and chewy – amazing!
Calling all chocolate lovers! Soft chewy chocolate cookies with chocolate chips throughout – what more can you ask for? These double chocolate chip cookies are simply epic! Super easy to make, perfect texture and taste amazing!
These double chocolate chip cookies are for serious chocolate lovers! If you are like me and can’t get enough chocolate (especial dark!), you are going to go crazy over these cookies! They truly are like a chocolate explosion!
What I love most about these cookies (aside from the amount of CHOCOLATE) is their texture. These are soft. Truly soft. And so chewy! Gooey! Yes! This is not a crunchy cookie. This is a soft chewy chocolatey cookie. Just like the double chocolate chip cookie should be.
I make mine with dark chocolate chips because that’s what I like best. You can also make these with white chocolate chips – dark brown cookies with white chocolate chips will certainly look amazing! You just can’t go wrong with any kind of chocolate 🙂
Can you imagine how they taste when they are warm? If you can’t wait for the cookies to cool down and snag a few (or not so few) hot ones, raise your hand! Now, these cookies set as they cool down – if you grab them while they are still hot, they might just fall apart in your hand because they are so soft… you care, right? 😉 Shove those warm chocolate crumbs into your mouth!
Another great thing about this double chocolate cookies recipe is how easy it is. It’s a one-bowl recipe – seriously, the only things you get dirty is one bowl where you mix the cookie dough and the mixer.
How To Make Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Super easy! First, cream butter and sugar in a bowl. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Then add the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Finally, mix in the chocolate chips. Form the cookie dough into balls, put on baking sheet and bake! That’s all there is to it!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- With a mixer, mix together butter and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder and mix until combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir until they are evenly incorporated into the cookie dough.
- Take 1 heaping tablespoon of the dough and roll with your hands into a ball. Put the ball on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, placing the balls 2 inches apart, as the cookies will spread.
- Put in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. The cookies will look undercooked, but they will set as they cool. If you want them to be soft and chewy, do not overbake!