What can be a better low-carb lunch than a chopped salad? In this chopped salad recipe, I use sausage slices for the protein (in addition to eggs)! If you are tired of eating salads with chicken breast, try using sausage instead, it will be a nice change 🙂
I use low-fat sausage, so the salad stays healthy. Fresh and crisp salad greens are mixed with chopped eggs, cucumbers and tomatoes, tossed with Italian dressing and topped with sausage slices. Yum!
I made this salad when I had one sausage left over from the last night’s dinner 🙂 Those sausages were yummy low-fat Italian turkey sausages that were baked in the oven (see roasted Italian sausage recipe). If you don’t have any sausage leftovers, you can use pre-cooked deli sausages like Polish kielbasa!
Chopped Salad Recipe With Sausage
- Lettuce leaves
- Hard-boiled egg, chopped
- Cucumber, chopped
- Tomato, chopped
- Cooked sausage, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions How To Make Chopped Salad
- Whisk oil and vinegar with a fork in a cup to make a dressing (or you can use bottled Italian dressing instead).
- Sprinkle chopped tomatoes and cucumbers with salt and pepper.
- Put the salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumbers and egg in a bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss so the lettuce is coated with the dressing.
- Put the salad on a plate and put the sausage slices on top.
Enjoy this delicious chopped salad! Also check out my chopped salad recipe with deli turkey and cheese – another yummy and healthy lunch!